I filled these delicious rolls with cooked apples and honey, which we eat at the beginning of the meal and wish everyone a sweet new year. Almost every year on Rosh Hashanah I host at least 25 peop...
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups of apples, peeled, diced large and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning (4 to 5 Granny Smiths work best)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs and oil together; add the apples and stir to combine.
2. In another bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
3. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the apple mixture and stir until just blended.
4. Place mixture in a 9- by 13-inch pan and bake for 1 hour in a 350° oven.