- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons Clabber Girl baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmeean cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs scrambled and chopped into bitesized pieces
- 8 slices of crisp bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper and lightly spray it.
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. After sifted, pour intp a medium bowl or thebowl of a food processor. Next cut the butter into the flour so that it is incorporated, using a fork, your hands, or food processor until incorporated. Beat 2 of the eggs, thyme and the cream together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix just the eggs into the flour and butter; do not overmix. Dump the flour-and-butter mixture into a clean bowl.
Fold the cheese, scrambled eggs, and bacon into the flour mixture until mixed togther well. Take a 1/3rd measuring cup or an ice cream scoup and scoup rustic balls of the scone mixture onto the parchment paper. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and pour a small amount of the butter over the top of each scone.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with a fresh salad, fruit or by itself!