- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Heat a large sauté pan and melt butter over medium heat. Continue to watch the butter, so it doesn't burn. It will begin to foam and start to brown. Once the butter has reached a nice brown color and has a nutty aroma, remove from the heat. Pour the brown butter into a bowl and refrigerate until solid.
2. Using a stand mixer, cream together brown butter, both sugars and peanut butter. Scrape as needed. Add the egg and mix until completely incorporated. Add vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix well. Slowly add the flour until the dough is well mixed. Fold in the peanut butter and chocolate chips until combined.
3. Use a small scoop to produce uniform cookies. Use either nonstick baking sheets or parchment paper on the baking sheets.
4. Bake in a 350º oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside and slightly gooey on the inside. Let cool on a wire rack.
Note: To prepare cookies in a Big Green Egg, bake at 350º using indirect heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
Recipe from Chef JJ's Back Yard