- 1 lb. Raw Shrimp
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Cup cold Water
- 1 cup Orange Marmalade
- 2 cups Shredded and Sweetened Coconut
- The juice of half an Orange and its zest for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Wasabi Powder or Wasabi Paste
- Canola Oil
1. In a medium bowl mix the batter: Flour, Baking Powder, Water, Salt, Cajun Seasoning and Cornstarch.
2. Combine until it’s a smooth, cake batter-like thickness.
3. Dry off the Shrimp and remove the peel leaving the tail on.
4. In a shallow bowl add the Coconut.
5. Dip each Shrimp into the batter and then into the Coconut, making sure to get a nice coating evenly on the Shrimp.
6. Fry them up in batches of 3 or 4 until they’re golden on all sides and drain them on paper towel.
7. Zest some of the Orange if you’d like - for garnish, set aside.
8. Mix together the Orange Marmalade with the juice of half the Orange and some Wasabi Powder and serve it along side the shrimp.
By Amy Erickson, find more recipes go to sidechef.com