- Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil (for sautéing shallots)
- 3 shallots, finely minced
- 6 teaspoons red curry paste
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¾ cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1½ cups coconut cream
- 2½ tablespoons Vegannaise (may substitute mayonnaise or Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Ciabatta rolls or slider buns
- Minced chives for garnish
Yields 18 Sliders
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with olive oil or cooking spray.
Arrange chicken breasts on the sheets. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Bake 8 minutes, flip chicken breasts, bake 8–10 more minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool.
On a cutting board, shred chicken using 2 forks.
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté shallots for 2 minutes. Add red curry paste, tomato paste, apricot jam, curry and cayenne powders. Stir all ingredients together until smooth and well-combined. Remove from heat. Add chicken. Allow to cool.
In a small bowl, mix together coconut cream and Vegannaise. Combine coconut cream and chicken mixtures.
Serve on rolls and garnish with finely chopped chives.
When using Vegannaise or mayonnaise, this recipe is dairy-free. Recipe ingredients without the bun are gluten-free.
Recipe and Photo by The Fitchen. For more about The Fitchen and their recipes click here.