1. In a saucepan, add milk and beaten eggs on medium-high heat. Continue to whisk thoroughly.
2. When milk is heated, add the cream of wheat, sugar, 2 teaspoons butter, salt and vanilla, while continuing to whisk. Once mixture has thickened, remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes.
3. In a 13- by 9-inch buttered pan, arrange 10 phyllo sheets one at a time with some of the sheets hanging over the sides of the pan. Make sure to butter the phyllo sheets using the 2 sticks of melted butter.
4. Pour in the cream mixture and fold over phyllo dough sheets one at a time, buttering each.
5. Add additional phyllo sheets to top, continuing to butter each.
6. Place in fridge for 15 minutes and then score the top of the phyllo into diamond shapes.
7. Place in preheated oven at 350° for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and pour syrup (directions below) over the top.
9. Let stand for at least an hour and then place in fridge for an additional 2 hours or overnight. Cut only when completely cooled.
To make syrup: Place sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Continue to stir until sugar water is clear. Add lemon juice and continue to stir until it thickens. Take off heat and let stand for a couple of minutes, then add honey. Mix thoroughly and pour over Greek custard.
Recipe courtesy of Katherine Haidar