- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Arugula, for garnish
1. Roast potatoes in a 350° oven until fork tender, about 30 minutes, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet. Once crisp, place bacon on a paper towel–lined plate and crumble into small pieces. Pour off the rendered fat, reserving 1/4 cup in the pan.
3. Add the onion. Cook over medium heat until translucent and just beginning to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. 4. Whisk in vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt and stir until thick and bubbly. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Top with crumbled bacon, season with salt and pepper and garnish with chives and arugula. Serve warm, if possible, or at room temperature.
Note: To prepare the potatoes using a Big Green Egg, preheat to 350° using indirect heat. Roast until fork tender.
Recipe from Chef JJ's Back Yard