- 1 red pepper, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow summer squash, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 16 large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 lemon
- Skewers (if using wood skewers, soak for 30 minutes in advance of grilling)
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Toss pepper, onion, squash, thyme and oregano in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, a sprinkle of kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and half of the fresh herbs.
In separate bowl, toss shrimp with ½ tablespoon olive oil, a sprinkle of kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes and the other half of the fresh herbs.
Thread shrimp and vegetables onto separate skewers.
Over medium grill, grill the vegetables about 6–7 minutes until tender, turning once. When vegetables are nearly done, grill the shrimp 1–2 minutes on each side, until bright pink.
Serve with lemon wedges. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice prior to serving.