- 2 8-ounce packages of tempeh
- 1 cup Vegenaise (vegan mayonnaise substitute)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 small package of washed baby spinach
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut tempeh into medium-size dice and place on a baking sheet. Roast in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool thoroughly.
2. In a bowl, combine Vegenaise, curry and cumin. Mix with a whisk.
3. When the tempeh is cool, combine with the curry mixture and the dried cranberries.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
5. Place a little of the spinach onto each pita, followed by a quarter of the curried tempeh mixture. Top with chopped cilantro.