- 1 quart of dandelion flowers. Make sure to only use the yellow flower, and pull off any leaves or stems.
- 3 quarts of cold water
- 1 cup of hot (not quite boiling) water
- 1/2 cup lime juice (or the juice from 4 limes)
- 2-3 tablespoons your choice sweetener (honey, cane sugar, etc. to taste)
1. Pick the dandelions fresh and place in a colander. Rinse well with cool water.
2. Pour the hot water into a gallon-size jar and add your sweetener. Mix well.
3. Add the lime juice and the cold water and stir well.
4. Add the dandelion flowers and mix gently.
5. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or until completely chilled. You can strain out the flowers or pour them into the cups.
6. Use within 36 hours for best taste.
Recipe adapted from Wellness Mama