- ⅔ cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 4 small carrots (preferably mixed colors)
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses*
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (5 to 6 ounces) washed baby kale
- ⅓ cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
Cook quinoa according to package instructions, about 20 minutes. Drain any liquid, then spread on a rimmed baking sheet to cool.
Meanwhile, very thinly slice carrots on the diagonal. Whisk together oil, vinegar, pomegranate molasses, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
In a medium bowl, combine one-third of dressing with quinoa and carrots, then transfer to a plastic container and seal. Seal remaining dressing in a small container. Pack perishable salad ingredients in a cooler.
Let remaining dressing come to room temperature. In a large bowl, toss kale with dressing, then with quinoa mixture. Divide salad among plates and scatter cheese and nuts on top.
*Find pomegranate molasses at well-stocked grocery stores and Middle Eastern markets.
PER SERVING 367 Cal., 61% (224 Cal.) from fat; 9.1 g protein; 26 g fat (4.8 g sat.); 28 g carbo (5.0 g fiber); 285 mg sodium; 5.2 mg chol. LS/V