- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 8 hours in water, then rinsed
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 8 hours in water, then rinsed
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch of sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground sage
- Half of an apple, cut into small cubes
- 1 celery stick, cut into thin slices
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
Serve it over fresh spring greens with your favorite dressing. Or, build a sandwich with your favorite bread, thin slices of tomato and avocado and the mock chicken salad.
1. Process sunflower seeds, cashews, pecans, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper and ground sage in a food processor. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a spatula to make sure ingredients process evenly. The mixture should be finely ground with small chunks.
2. Put the nut mixture into a bowl and add the apple, celery, onion and fresh sage. Mix ingredients together by hand.