- ¼ cup potato, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup carrot, chopped
- ¼ cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1½ cup dried white navy or northern beans (not canned)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped celery leaf from the top of fresh celery stalks
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch (for gluten-free diets) or flour
- 4½ cups water (or chicken broth)
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter, sliced
Stir everything except the cornstarch (or flour), water (or broth) and butter into a 1.5-quart (or larger) slow cooker. Place cornstarch (or flour) in a bowl and slowly whisk in the water (or broth), stirring to prevent lumps. Pour over the vegetable mix. Add the butter, then cover slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on high.
U-Relish products are available at the Indianapolis City Market, Pogues Run Grocer and Good Earth. For more information about U-Relish visit u- relish.com.