- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half (or soy milk)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cardamom spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups persimmon pulp, puréed (we purchased pulp from Dillman Farms)
- ½ cup toasted chopped almonds (sauté them in a pan with butter until slightly brown)
Pour 1 cup of the cream into a medium saucepan and add the sour cream, sugar, maple syrup, and cardamom spice. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture is smooth and dissolved, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the remaining cream, half and half or soy milk, persimmon purée and vanilla extract. Chill mixture for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Add in the toasted almonds near the end of the process to allow for the almonds to be distributed evenly. Transfer ice cream a freezer container.