- 2 cups persimmon pulp
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of half and half
1. Cream together pulp, sugar and eggs.
2. Put soda into buttermilk and stir until frothy.
3. Sift dry ingredients together.
4. Add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately to pulp mixture.
5. Add butter and half and half.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour in a 9-inch by 13-inch pan.
Recipe adapted from Cynthia Brewer King, 2013 Persimmon Festival winner