- 1 (1-pound) pumpkin
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Salt to taste
1. Prepare pumpkin for roasting: Cut a hole around the stem to remove it and clean the interior of seeds. Roast the pumpkin in a 350° oven until fork-tender. Once it is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and roughly chop the pumpkin.
2. Melt the butter.
3. In a blender, combine butter, eggs, honey, flour, baking powder and vanilla. Blend well.
4. Add the pumpkin to the blender. Blend until the consistency resembles a milkshake.
5. Pour mixture into an 8- by 8-inch greased glass dish (or a 9-inch round dish). Mixture can also be poured into ramekins for individual servings (as shown in the photo). Bake at 325° for 45 minutes, until just firm. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick in the center of the soufflé; if it comes out clean, it is done.