- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed uncooked
- 2 cups low sodium veggie broth
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup blanched fresh peas (frozen peas can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons local honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a saucepan, bring broth and quinoa to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer. Cook until water evaporates and quinoa has bloomed. Set quinoa aside to cool.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, mint, parsley, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil.
In a large bowl mix cooked and cooled quinoa, onions, blanched peas and dressing. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Chill salad before serving.