- 20-25 pieces of beef bones with marrow, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Coarse kosher salt, to taste
- 6–8 whole garlic cloves
- 2–3 long sprigs of rosemary
- Crusty bread cut into slices and toasted, for serving
- Parsley salad, for garnish*
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2–3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. Arrange the bones cut-side up in a roasting pan. Lightly sprinkle the bones with salt, then add the garlic and rosemary to the pan.
2. Roast the bones for about 30 minutes, until the marrow is soft and the dish is bubbling.
3. Serve the bone marrow with the parsley salad and toast. To eat, scoop out the marrow with a small fork or spoon, spread on the toast and top with parsley salad.
*Make the parsley salad by mixing together all ingredients.