- 8 dried figs, cut in eighths
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¾ pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes or 1½-inch-long sticks
- ¾ pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes or 1½-inch-long sticks
- ½ pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes or 1½-inch-long sticks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons za’atar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine the figs and orange juice and let soak for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour. Drain and reserve the orange juice.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the figs, carrots, sweet potatoes and parsnips. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, molasses, za’atar, salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
Spread the mixture on the baking sheet. Roast, tossing occasionally, until the vegetables begin to caramelize, 30 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the reserved orange juice over the vegetables and toss again. Add more salt to taste and serve.