- 3½ cups of vegetable stock
- ¼ cup of Sherry (preferably cream Sherry)
- 1 cup of farro rinsed
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup of grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 scallions, sliced (white parts only)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1–2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
In a large saucepan, bring stock, sherry and farro to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add oatmeal and cook for another 15 minutes, until most of liquid is absorbed. Add butter and cheese. Cover.
Sauté veggies in olive oil until tender. Then salt and pepper to taste.
Plate farro mix and top with veggies. Top with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.