- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil + more to drizzle
- 2 cups butternut squash noodles
- 1 smoked chorizo link, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 of avocado, insides cubed
- 1.5-2 cups of chopped kale, stems removed
- 2 tbsp crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 whole eggs
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice half of the tomatoes in half. Leave the rest whole. Place all the tomatoes in a bowl and drizzle olive oil and season with salt, pepper and chili powder. Mix to combine thoroughly.
3. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Add in the tomatoes and roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Ten minutes into roasting the tomatoes, place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the butternut squash noodles. Cook for 5 minutes and set aside in a bowl or plate.
5. In the same skillet, add in the chorizo. Cook for 2 minutes, add in the garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes. Once chorizo begins to brown, add in the kale and avocado. Cook until kale is mostly wilted, about 2 minutes.
6. Add in the cooked butternut squash noodles, cilantro, roasted tomatoes, red pepper flakes and stir to combine. With a spatula or fork, burst a couple of the tomatoes. Stir to combine.
7. If you’d like to serve on plates, plate the noodle mixture. If not, leave in the skillet and take off the heat.
8. Place a skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray, and crack in the two eggs separately. Cook the eggs for about 3-4 minutes or until the whites have set.
9. Place the two fried eggs on top of the skillet mixture (or on plates) and top with cotija cheese. Enjoy!