- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons each olive oil and red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon each dried oregano and dried basil
- About ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart lightly packed baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup slivered dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
Cook orzo according to package directions on a camp stove. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper and reserve.
Drain pasta, rinse with water until cool, and drain again. Add to bowl with dressing and gently mix in spinach, tomatoes, and olives to combine. Add more salt if you like.
Make ahead Up to 2 hours, at room temperature.
PER 1-CUP SERVING 315 Cal., 44% (140 Cal.) from fat; 6.9 g protein; 16 g fat (1.7 g sat.); 39 g carbo (4.4 g fiber); 550 mg sodium; 0 mg chol. VG