- 2 cups of dried split peas, rinsed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups of veggie broth
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only) sliced and washed well (dirt loves leeks!)
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter or vegan butter
- A drizzle of honey
Place all ingredients, but only half of the leeks (reserving the other half for topping), into a slow cooker. Set cooker for 8 hours. Go to work. Come home and smell the goodness! Give soup a good stir and add more broth, salt and pepper, if necessary. In a pan, add butter and remaining leeks. Sauté leeks until softened. Add a drizzle of honey and cook further until a golden color.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with the leeks.