I have served this surprisingly rich salad as a second course after a pasta dish, on top of a piece of broiled fish, and garnished with croutons: they’re all good! When choosing pea shoots, look for s...
- 1/2 cup unsalted, shelled raw pistachios
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and shaved thin on a mandolin
- 2 medium beets, peeled and shaved paper thin on a mandolin
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 meyer lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, minced
- 2 tablespoon local honey
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled Noble Spring’s Goat Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread out pistachios on a small rimmed baking sheet; toast, stirring occasionally until golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Let cool; coarsely chop.
- Combine raisins, carrots, beets, mint, and pistachios to a bowl. Toss together.
- In a separate bowl add garlic, white wine vinegar, lemon juice & zest, red pepper, honey, and olive oil. Mix with a whisk. Pour this mixture into the carrot/beet mixture. Season with salt & pepper. Mix well.
To Serve: Place the Carrot Beet Slaw in a bowl and top with crumbled goat feta cheese and chopped mint.
This recipe courtesy of Chef Brandon Frohne of Mason's. Edible Nashville