- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound rhubarb (about 4 stalks), cut into ¼ by ½ inch pieces
- ⅓ to ½ cup honey*
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (or flour of choice)
- ⅓ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. In 9 by 9 inch baking dish, mix strawberries, rhubarb, honey, cornstarch and vanilla extract.
In medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Mix in Greek yogurt and melted butter. Stir until all flour is incorporated and mixture is moistened throughout.
Dollop spoonfuls of oat mixture over strawberry-rhubarb filling and break up mixture until it is evenly distributed (no need to pack it down). Bake for 50—55 minutes, or until filling is bubbling around edges and top is turning lightly golden. Let crisp rest for 5—10 minutes before serving.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Cookie and Kate