- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 radishes, halved
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, plus more as needed
- 7 slices cooked bacon, chopped (cook per package directions)
- 5 cups baby arugula (or to taste)
- ¾ cup crumbled goat cheese (or to taste)
- 1 head garlic
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
About this recipe
“This salad comes together so easily and is absolutely packed with flavor. I love the idea of warm salads in the wintertime, and this is one that plays on repeat in my kitchen all season long.”
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a large baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil or spray regular foil with nonstick spray.
Trim the root and top off the garlic bulb, slightly exposing the cloves. Place head of garlic on foil, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Wrap the garlic in foil and set aside. In a large bowl, toss together potatoes and radishes with 1 tablespoon of the oil, 2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1 teaspoon of the pepper. Transfer the veggies to the baking sheet and place in the oven along with the garlic packet.
Roast everything for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the veggies halfway through, until the potatoes and radishes are tender and golden brown. Transfer the roasted potatoes and radishes to a large bowl and add the bacon, arugula and goat cheese.
To make the dressing, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the bulb into a blender. Add the mayonnaise, buttermilk and mustard. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Toss the salad with the roasted garlic dressing and serve warm.