- ½ a Medium Onion, diced
- 1 cup Diced Carrots
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1” piece of Ginger, finely minced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds & pith removed, finely diced (optional)
- 2 cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 3 cups Cooked Cold Rice
- 3-4 cups Chopped or Sliced Vegetables of your choice
For the sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 lime, juiced
3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce together, except for salt and pepper, and set aside.
2. Add vegetable or peanut oil to a hot wok or pan and saute your aromatics, which are the onions, carrots, ginger, garlic and jalapeno, until softened.
3. Add your chopped or sliced vegetables, along with about 2 tablespoons of the sauce.
4. Add the cooked chicken, along with 2 more tablespoons of the sauce. Saute together until most of the moisture evaporates.
5. Make a well in the center of the wok or pan and add the cold rice, along with any remaining sauce.
6. Stir together until all the liquid is absorbed and the grains of the rice are fluffy and hot.
7. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper or any additional soy sauce if necessary.
Recipe by Julie Yoon, for more recipes like this visit sidechef.com